Thursday, March 21, 2019

Thank you, Mr. Awdry

Hello my Star Tugs. I wasn't planning to write this blog, however, I wanted to do something quickly. So, I learned that today, March 21, is that day that Rev. Wilbert Awdry, author of The Railway Series, creator of Thomas the Tank Engine, passed away on March 21, 1991.

If you know me, then you know that Thomas & Friends was a bit part of my life. It's why I am who I am, why I like trains and why I want to be a writer.

Thank you, Mr. Awdry. Thank you for making our childhoods better. I'm sorry that we don't always act mature or learn the lessons that you want us to, especially regarding changes such as Big World Big Adventures.

I'll try and explain this in a later blog post, for now, it's getting kind of late and I have a presentation tomorrow, so that's all for now. Thanks for checking in, and as always, see you on the Tramway.

No comments: