Friday, August 23, 2019

Where Have I been? (& Project Updates)

Hello Star Tugs,

it's certainly been a while, hasn't it? I apologize for the long delay since my last post. Life got a little hectic awhile back, I had to move from my summer housing to my school housing this past week, and I finished my summer job.

So life has certainly kept me busy, and I will be honest, I lost some motivation to work on the blog, and my writing in general. Writer's Block is certainly a bit of a nightmare. I'm sure that you all understand.

So that's about where I've been. Now, let's move into what's going on in the future. Classes are going to be starting up next week, which will take up most of my time in the near future. So the blog posts might start to decrease again. I'm sorry about that, however, this blog is just for fun and I have to prioritize my education over my fun writing.

Speaking of writing, let's move into some project updates.

Lady Luck

I recently finished editing the first draft of "The Iluckstrious Adventures of Lady Luck: The Monorail Conspiracy." This was mostly looking for typos. The next step will be to go into more intensive editing with other people. I have had a friend start reading over the piece (shout out to @CCtheMartian on Twitter) but they're busy with other projects and won't be going into intensive research.

Something else I need to do is more research on the era I have fictionalized in Lady Luck. Because I touch on historically sensitive topics, such as Japanese Internment, I want to make sure that I cover these topics in a respectful and accurate way.

I have been sitting on the project for a little while now, I think part of it may be fear, along with being super busy. In the past I haven't always been the best at receiving feedback on my works. I struggle to detach myself from my writing so that I don't get offended.

I think all creative people struggle with this to some extent. It's not easy receiving feedback on something you've poured a lot of time (and your soul) into. However, to help our art grow, we need feedback.

Next, onto Locomotive News

Locomotive News: Is This Still Happening?  

Another problem I faced which made me less motivated to work on my blog here was my idea for a spin off blog for train related articles. As you might have seen if you're following me on Twitter (@ConductorPat if you're not already) my article on the Indiana Transportation Museum ("The Future of the ITM") has become my most read blog post.

While I did enjoy writing "The Future of the ITM" and my second train article, "Keeping up with the New Builds," I may have overstretched myself by imagining a blog which would act essentially as a news source. I accidentally began to overthink my idea, which overwhelmed me.

For now, I'm going to put Locomotion News on hold. If I decide this' something I want to do, maybe I'll come back to it. If there is an interest in more train related posts/articles, please let me know.

The Blog

I would like to do a few more history of public domain characters in the near future on the blog, though I'm not sure when they will come out.

So that's where I'm currently at. I hope this blog post will hold you off until my next one. Thank you all for your patience, and for reading this post.

If you'd like to interact with me, you can find me on Twitter, @ConductorPat. Thanks for reading. Remember to keep writing, and I'll see you on the Tramway!

No comments: