Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Tramway May 2020 Update (Senior Project & The Blogs)

Welcome back to the Tramway!

Well it's certainly been a while, hasn't it? I hope you're all doing well during the lock down/Pandemic times we are living in. As I mentioned in my last post, I had May Term (which's my college's optional mini-semester at the end of the year), which today I finished, and I'm quite glad for that.

I was really struggling with my May Term class' workload, and I was feeling very burnt out due to a lot of personal stress. (Which's not a complaint against my Professor, mind you, that was what I was struggling with). I don't want to get into that too much, though I will say I am doing a lot better and have successfully gotten my work done.

To ease my workload, I didn't do any fun writing that was for the best, to give myself a break. Obviously, that includes here, I think it's almost been a month since my last post? Hold that thought.


Yeah, it's 4 days short of a month since my last post. (Did I write this just to use the above video joke? Yes)

All right, in all seriousness, it's nice to be back to the blog here. So as the title shows, I'd like to give some updates on my Senior Writing Project and my two blogs, the second being The Occasional Express, in case you forgot/don't know.

Senior Writing Project

On Friday I am planning to have a meeting with my Advisor about my senior writing project via Zoom. To say I'm nervous is... inaccurate? I haven't really thought about our meeting a lot yet, because I still had a big project to finish for my May Term class, that I have finished. Now that I have time (and have let my brain relax) I should plan out a bit what I'm supposed to say. I'm not really sure what to expect from the meeting because it's the first I've done for my project.

As I have talked about in the past, my current plan is a retelling/re-imagining of golden age character Lady Luck in novel form, unlike most of the senior projects at my school that're usually poem/short story collections.

I'm not sure what's going to happen, given that there's a lot of stress from the Pandemic, and we might not have enough time to edit the novel to get it ready for publication next school year, whatever form that may be.

I don't know how much I will be able to reveal about our meeting, though I am hopeful that I can continue pursuing the project. I feel proud of what I have done so far, and I would hate to abandon the project.

All right, onto the blogs.

Tug & Tram Blogging & The Occasional Express

I have several ideas for blog posts I would like to do, though when I will get to them I can't say at the moment. I do feel like I need to formulate a schedule for my blogs, which I have seen a lot of bloggers suggesting. The main reason I don't have a schedule is because I'm a college student, it's hard to keep a schedule for the blog, when I don't really know how much home I will have on say the weekends.

As for The Occasional Express, I'm not sure when I will get back to the train news posts. Given the hardship right now that organizations are facing, now doesn't seem like the time for a non-trained news source. However, that might change in the future. Only time will tell.

Getting back to the main blog here, I really want to do a history post for one of my favorite comic book characters, and I might try and participate in the new #MayReview (or is it ReviewMay?) that was started by members of the Writing Community. I have done posts similar to reviews with Pat Pitches, but if I do end up doing a review, I want it to be a bit more formal. In addition to that, I have to decide if I want to write reviews on here. If you're interested in seeing reviews, please let me know.

All right, that seems as good an ending point as any. How have you been holding up during the lock down? Have you spend more or less time on your projects. Feel free to let me know in the comments on here, Facebook or Twitter.

Thank you all for reading, and I'll see you on the Tramway!

No comments: