Sunday, February 17, 2019

Alita: Battle Angel & Interviewing Les McConnell

Alita: Battle Angel Reaction

Hello friends, and welcome back. Well I must say, my weekend was very exciting. On Saturday I went to see Alita: Battle Angel with some friends at my local theater. It was not a good film. IT WAS GREAT!!

Seriously, I know everyone freaked out over the "Anime/Manga Eyes" in the trailers, but they're not scary. They really blend in with the Cyberpunk Dystopian future. Alita as a character is great, she looks cute, but piss her off and you're going to lose an arm!

I highly recommend anyone whose on the fence about the film to go see it. You won't regret it. Now, onto the next section.

Interviewing Les McConnell

Yesterday I had the chance to sit down and talk with Les McConnell via Facebook Messenger. For those who don't know (which is likely everyone, seeing as most readers don't know train stuff, which's fine) Les McConnell is the Chairman of the Indiana Transportation Museum, and started on July 18, 2018 after the former Vice Chairman stepped down.

2018 was a bad year for the ITM, they were evicted from their home in Forest Park, Noblesville, lost a great deal of their collection, and were forced to relocate 60 miles at a heavy cost. It was a great honor to interview Mr. McConnell, and will help me with my article "The Future of the ITM," which I have currently submitted to two magazines ("Pro" Tip: Submit one at a time, or else you might be in a sticky situation of two magazines accepting your article.)

I'll cover my journalism escapades in my next Blog Post: Patrick Stumbles Through Journalism.

Well, that's all for me today. Thanks as always for reading, and a huge thanks to Mr. McConnell for being willing to do the interview with me. See you on the Tramway!


No comments: