Friday, March 19, 2021

Mid-March Update: New Author Website?, Lady Luck & What Else I've Been Up To

 Hello everyone,


Welcome back to Tug & Tram blogging. Apologies for the lack of content recently. As I believe I've mentioned before, I'm currently working on wrapping up my senior year. School has to take priority, and while I miss writing on here, I have to keep my grades up. I'm sure you all understand.

While I have a bit of free time, I wanted to give you all a quick update.


New Website?

For one of my classes I had to work on a website to act as a portfolio, and I decided to try a new website designer program. I've previously used wordpress, which has it's pros and cons (I like the professional looking url, but found it hard to modify my website). 

I tried wix, which I used for my presentation. Again, pros and cons (I found wix easier to use, but the url isn't that professional looking). I've received mixed feedback on what to use: wordpress or wix. I'm not sure which I will end up picking, though I do know I need to improve my website building skills. If anyone has recommendations, whether they be articles or videos, feel free to share them.

While I'm on this topic, I am toying with the idea of moving the blog onto my website. I've seen several writers have their blogs on their websites to drive interest to their longer form writing, and build a devoted following. If I do move it to my website, I hope that fans on here will follow there as well. 


Lady Luck

My senior project Lady Luck is coming along nicely. I'm currently working on talking with my book designer and book cover artist for final touches. I hope to reveal my cover to you all in the near future. I'm very excited with how the project is turning out. 

Unfortunately, due to COVID-19 and scheduling, my department decided to cancel our book release party. Instead, we're going to do a reading at the academic symposium, and sell our books at the art sale that will happen in April. While I am sad to not have the book release, I'm still glad we can share our works. 

Plus, I may be able to share a link so that you can see me read my book. There is unfortunately no options to buy the book online, which we are slightly looking into, so I'll let you know if that becomes an option.


Everything Else

I'm currently reading "Discerning Grace" by Emma Lombard (who had a guest post, go and look for that in case you missed it) and I'm really enjoying it. I'm not a romance enthusiast, but I do like history, and I can appreciate a good love story. Emma's writing is superb, and I can't wait to read more of it.

I'm also reading "Color Me In" by Natasha Díaz. It's a young adult story about a biracial teen and the struggles she faces when her parents split up. It's written in first person, and is one of the best YA books I've read recently. Make sure you grab a copy of both of these books if you're interested. 

That's about it for where I'm at currently. I hope that things are going well in your lives. Have you had a time where real life got in the way of your creativity? Let me know in the comments. And be sure to follow me on my social media links on the right hand of the blogger page. Thanks for reading, and I'll see you on the Tramway. 

No comments: